NSS Labs, Inc. is recognized globally as the most trusted source for independent, fact-based cybersecurity guidance. Our mission is to advance transparency and accountability within the cybersecurity industry. We empower enterprises by providing them with timely, relevant information on which to base their decisions. Our unmatched foundation in security testing, along with our extensive research and global threat discovery capabilities, provide the basis for NSS Labs’ Cloud Platform for Continuous Security Validation. This cloud platform measures the ongoing effectiveness of security controls, providing real-time insight to help business leaders substantiate their securityinvestments. Businesses can also leverage this cloud platform to strengthen their cyberrisk posture and improve their ability to identify and respond when it matters. Many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs.
NSS Labs is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer in Austin, Texas or Maryland. We are looking for motivated, smart people to help build the next generation Infrastructure as Code platform. The DevOps engineer will work to develop, implement, and maintain infrastructure as a service. This position works closely with software engineers and peer DevOps team members to ensure smooth deployment code and integration with cloud providers and on-premise infrastructure.
- Work with development to architect, design and build deployment and internal infrastructure tools and services for NSS Labs’ Continuous Security Validation Cloud Platform.
- Manage cloud and co-located production and pre-production environments.
- Collaborate with engineering and test teams in performance testing and tuning of infrastructure.
- Keep an eye on cutting edge technologies and strategies to support future work and projects.
- Work under general direction of senior level management.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Work on multiple, complex issues/projects as a technical leader and the subject matter expert.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Expert with infrastructure automation using HashiCorp tools, Terraform, Consul, Nomad or similar.
- Hands-on experience with scriptinglanguages and programming languages (PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, Python, Golang or similar).
- Minimum 3 years managing infrastructure and applications in a production environment.
- Minimum 3 years managing Windows OS Systems (Desktop and Server).
- Minimum 3 years managing Linux Systems (RedHat, CentOS, etc).
- Minimum 3 years experience with VMware.
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, Salt or Puppet.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Postgres (or MySQL) relational databases strongly preferred.
- Experience with Docker and container management frameworks (Nomad, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm).
- Experience with various build automation tools (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins).
- A thirst for knowledge, learning, and problem solving.
- Strong oral/written communication, time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Experience working in public cloud a plus (Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure).
- Understanding of networking, IP addressing, and DNS.
- Experience with storage solutions (SAN/NAS) a plus (Dell Compellent, Tintri, Qumulo, etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education/experience.