Our Teams are looking for a technologist to work with our clients to help design, create, deploy, migrate and maintain solutions in cloud environments, well versed in DevSecOps principals and best practices. In your role you will work with various teams to develop, deploy, maintain, and migrate solutions in multiple environments for various civilian agencies spanning identity management, multimedia, and cyber end-to-end systems that are transforming the way law enforcement and intelligence communities handle and analyze information and translate it into actionable intelligence.
As the DevOps Engineer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development teams in maintaining, updating and consistently improving the DevOps pipelines in the local environments.
- Working with the customer to facilitate the migration of mature DevOps pipelines into their environments (Dev, Test, Production)
- Providing guidance to the customer for building DevOps capabilities across their environments (Dev, Test, Production)
You would join Noblis’ Network Transformation Tools group as we continue to grow our software and digital capabilities. Today our team consists of developers, telecom engineers, and analysts that have served federal, government clients on high-consequence problems in analytics, telcommunications, acquisition, fraud-detection and information security assurance.
Our teams are working in environments working with Linux, cloud service providers (ex. AWS and MS Azure), programming languages such as Python, Bash, Java, C, C++, .NET, databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Web frameworks such as Flask, Laravel, Bootstrap, Angular, React, as well as shell scripting, SNMP, etc.
· Support and lead evolving business development efforts by applying technical and functional expertise to develop business solutions.
· Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions
- You have BA/BS in a technology, engineering, computer science or related discipline
- You have at least 8 years of hands on experience in the following areas: Linux system administration, DevOps, software development and engineering, and cloud-based technologies
- You have hands on experience of a broad ranges of technology systems and are able to work with:
- Cloud service providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Azure
- Any of the following configuration management systems: Ansible, Packer, Terraform
- Programming languages and scripting methods including: Python, Bash, Java, C, C++, .NET
- Databases, including PostgreSQL, Oracle, SqlServer
- Web development frameworks / libraries: Flask, Laravel, Bootstrap, Angular, React
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
- Shell scripting, (eg. bash)
- Configuration management systems (eg. Puppet)
- Postfix or Sendmail
- Host-based firewalls
- Networking and routing (Linux based)
- Excellent understanding of Git both GUI and command line (knowledge of Git Flow a plus)
- Familiarity with utilizing Docker containers
- General understanding of network configuration (firewall rules, server-client connections)
- Proficient in securing network connections using TLS
- You have hands-on experience of with writing and maintain automated tests (unit, integration, stress, load, etc.)
- You are knowledgeable and have hands on experience with agile, continuous integration, and continuous delivery practices.
- You desire to work in an agile and cross functional team environment, understand team goals and generate appropriate, innovative analytical insights to drive process and experience improvement
- You challenge the status quo and are hungry to explore, evaluate, and understand new technologies
Beyond the required requirements above, our ideal colleague
- Has experience working with USG clients, operational components, and stakeholders
- Has experience working with:
- Perl/Python/Ruby scripting
- Puppet Enterprise
- Integration of Linux servers with Windows Active Directory
- MIT Kerberos or Microsoft Active Directory
- Compliance experience (FISMA/FedRAMP)
- Server hardening
- Performance analysis
- Complements our existing team, likes solving problems, and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Can self manage, has strong self-organization skills, and is eager to contribute
- Strives to be an excellent engineer/developer, is eager to explore new technologies, and develop new skills
- Is comfortable working with teams across geographic bounds