The DevOps Engineer is responsible for building and extending our evolving continuous delivery AWS platform with the goal of moving changes to production faster and safer, while ensuring operational best practices are supported. The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, lead other team members, and represent operations core values across the organization.
- DevOps engineer with the goal of continuous delivery in an AWS environment.
- Operational point of contact for development, operations and testing.
- Ability to implement a configuration management solution -such as puppet, chef or ansible (we use ansible).
- Evaluate current development and web operations procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency and repeatability.
- Operational review of AWS architecture with the goal of automating and improving the existing and future environments.
- Configure, deploy, and run Open Source Software.
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- Expertise with AWS computing and the tools provided by AWS to manage operations at scale.
- Provide best practices, recommendations and guidance for use of AWS
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership as a mentor or team lead expected.
- Ability to multitask and take on new technologies.
- Experience with a highly available and scalable SaaS.
- Have a broad understanding of development, web operations, SDLC, etc.
- Strong technical foundation in several of the following technologies:Strong technical foundation in s
- AWS Cloud Computing
- Virtualization: Vagrant, VirtualBox, Fusion, KVM, Xen
- Configuration management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
- Provisioning: Apt. Yum, Kickstart
- Build and packaging tools: Make, Wheel, Maven, Ant, RPM
- Continuous integration tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise
- SCM tools: GIT, SVN, Perforce, Mercurial
- Scriptinglanguages: Shell, Python, Ruby/JRuby, Perl
- Run Django, Flask, PHP and GO application servers
- Monitoring tools: NewRelic, Nagios, Icinga, Graphite, Cacti
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres, and Couchdb