ResMed has always applied the best of technology to improve people's lives. Now our SaaS technology is fueling a new era in the healthcare industry, with dynamic systems that change the way people receive care in settings outside of the hospital–and tools that work every day to help people stay well, longer. We have one of the largest actionable datasets in the industry, creating a complete view of people as they move between care settings. This is how we empower providers–with vital insight to deliver the care people need, right when they need it.
We're also ensuring that our health solutions connect to other companies' networks. Because when objectives align, everyone wins. And as we work today to drive better care and lower costs, we're developing more personalized solutions for tomorrow, utilizing machine learning, intelligent care paths, and predictive protocols. If you are an innovator who wants to make an impact we want to talk to you! We have exciting opportunities supporting Brightree by ResMed and MatrixCare by ResMed!
MatrixCare is looking for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer. The Senior DevOps Engineer works within the R&D Platform Engineering and Enablement groups to serve as the technical lead on the Developer Experience team tasked with developing a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery platform for software and infrastructure to be delivered as a service product to be consumed by internal development and production support teams. This platform will focus on creating tools to automate everything, including but not limited to infrastructure, policy, security configuration and logging/monitoring. This team will help partnering teams understand the use and boundaries of the tools that are developed.
As technical lead, this role is responsible for technical mentoring of team members, code quality, ensuring good engineering practices are followed by the team, and guiding the team through technical issues and challenges.
As our Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Follow and support corporate security policies, standards, and procedures as they apply to this role. Maintain customer and corporate privacy standards as outlined by HIPAA
- Lead and mentor a software engineering team to develop and scale a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery platform that will automate the deployment, hardening and policy configuration of application code and infrastructure for use by our partnering teams
- Enable product teams to automate the configuration and deployment of SaaS products on our cloud platform solutions
- Implement systems improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Ensure security best practices are identified and integrated into systems design and configuration
- Assist in evaluating, planning, configuration, and implementation of new software services
- Develop custom tools and automation through programming and scripting
- Partner with our cloud migration teams to strategize how to perform on-premise to cloud migrations effectively and efficiently
- Maintain architectural diagram designs and documentation to help partnering cloud infrastructure and application teams to understand the boundaries and capabilities of the tools available to them
- Act in a strategic capacity as a senior technical expert for all current Azure Cloud based solutions while keeping abreast of future Azure Cloud solutions
- Develop and direct other software engineers
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the management team.
Skills and Experience needed for this position:
- A typical candidate’s experience would have 3-5 years of experience in these disciplines:
- Experience in a current programming language (eg. Java, Python, Golang)
- Experience using Source Control Management tools (eg. Git, Subversion)
- Experience using issue tracking software (eg. JIRA, Salesforce)
- Experience developing enterprise grade software with understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code techniques (eg. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience in enterprise security and hardening best practices
- Experience building and maintaining cloud native services with Azure
- Experience working with monitoring and logging tools (eg. LogicMonitor, Sumologic, ELK)
- Experience with containerization concepts and Kubernetes
- Experience working with structured databases (eg. MySQL, DynamoDB)
- Experience building and maintaining Continuous Integration Tools and Techniques (eg. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Github Actions).
- Configuration management and deployment tools (eg. Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Must have a desire to help this company grow exponentially and jump in wherever necessary
- Ability to exhibit desirable and appropriate behavior including integrity, ability to get along with others, team playing industriousness, supportive communication, sense of urgency and confidentiality and independent judgement to provide for a cohesive working environment dedicated to achieving the organization’s goals.
- S. degree or College Diploma or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in the development of complex software systems
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!