Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, studentloan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it’s like working at Ticketmaster.
What is a Senior DevOps Engineer, and why is this role important?
DevOps Engineers are responsible for designing, building, and running Ticketmaster’s infrastructure and services. We create tools and automation, ensure reliability and performance of our high-traffic environments, and collaborate with development teams to build scalable and supportable products. Ticketmaster powers some of the world’s largest events, and DevOps Engineers are key to ensuring the stability and availability of our mission-critical infrastructure.
What are the responsibilities of this role?
- Partner with development teams to architect products using modern best practices and cloud technologies.
- Develop infrastructure and configuration as code.
- Support a large server environment (20,000+ nodes) with critical uptime requirements.
- Build automation and tooling to improve Ticketmaster’s products.
- Capacity, availability, and disaster recovery planning.
- Complex troubleshooting of both application and infrastructure issues.
- Bringing innovation and advocacy for new technologies and industry trends.
What experience is relevant to this role?
- Building infrastructure-as-code with Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Containerizing applications using Docker or rkt.
- Deep hands-on knowledge of AWS services, including ECR, AMI management, etc.
- Container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Mesos.
- CI/CD pipeline automation using Gitlab CI, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong knowledge of a programming language like Python, Go, or Java.
- Managing large, complex environments with high uptime expectations.
- Designing or supporting high-traffic web-facing architectures according to principles like the 12 Factor App.
- Large-scale monitoring and log analytics.
- Strong understanding of systems fundamentals, including OS, networking, storage, load balancing, etc.