$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in
ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Now a part of LinkedIn, the Glint team focuses on helping organizations increase employee engagement, develop their people, and improve performance. Our insights into people success, along with LinkedIn's insights into the broader workforce, will be a powerful combination that can help customers attract, develop, and retain the best talent.
Glint is looking for a DevOps engineer to join the engineering operations team. Your primary responsibility is to support the Glint infrastructure within AWS.
* Support, manage and configure the Glint infrastructure within AWS
* Develop and implement security solutions based on Glint's security initiatives
* Handle release engineering including deployments to production
* Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
* Assist leadership by providing recommendations on future planning and budgeting of IT systems
* Automate manual tasks
* Troubleshoot production issues
* Communicate to engineering and the business
* Participate in duties of the on-call rotation
* Unix/Linux systems administration background
* 2+ years of a high-level scripting or configuration management language (IE: Python or Ansible)
* 2+ years of AWS professional experience
* 2+ years of cryptographic and networking basic experience
* Minimum 3 years of experience in Information Technology required
* B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience.
* Python experience, specifically for systems automation
* 4+ years in a UNIX/LINUX-based large-scale web operations role
* Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers
* Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
* Knowledge of most of these: AWS cloud infrastructure, infrastructure configuration, automation processes and tools, Linux internals, relational and non-relational databases, and related topics
Valid Through: 2019-9-13