The Sr. DevOps Engineer will be a core member of the team that is responsible for designing, building and supporting the cloud infrastructure and platform for Recovery Database Network (RDN).
About the Team:
RDN is the industry leader in software for managing the vehicle repossession lifecycle. RDN connects auto lending institutions with every company in the repossession and disposition value chain: field visit, skip-tracing, forwarding companies and auto auctions.
About the job:
- Manage and focus first on automating all aspects of our AWS infrastructure
- Optimize cloud infrastructure including ongoing configuration of related automation, notifications and reporting capabilities.
- Respond to system notifications with appropriate action
- Support the development and support organizations in their charter to deliver features and service to our customers
- Promote thought leadership and guidance to technical and business teams regarding best practices for deployment and implementation in a cloud environment
- Maintain and adhere to organizational standards for security and compliance and assist appropriate teams with customer requests related to security and compliance
- We work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment, so you will likely get your hands dirty with a little bit of everything
- You have a working knowledge of Agile methodology as it relates to software development and product delivery
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- You have a wide breadth of experience with multiple development languages and supporting tools
- You have a working knowledge of version control systems and supporting processes for code review, merging and deployment
- You have a working knowledge of configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, or Puppet
- You have a working knowledge of code quality tools (Veracode, SonarQube) and how to integrate them into a continuous integration environment such as Jenkins
- You have experience with appropriate planning for disaster recovery, high availability, failover and redundancy for cloud deployed applications
- Azure experience a plus
Benefits, Culture, etc.
Quick summary of some of our perks:
- Work/Life Balance
- Training/Development | Grow your career at KAR
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive compensation
- 401K Match with no vesting schedule
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off.