As a Senior DevOps Engineer working within our SRE team, you will help scale the infrastructure for truly global AAA mobile-game backend services. You will help shape the development pipeline to empower developers to make changes quickly and safely. You will use SRE methodologies to define and maintain service SLO's, and will work hand-in-hand with developers to maintain our SLA's.
Working with both our Live Operations and Development teams, you will manage online services and bridgethe relationship between the dev who makes the games and the players who love them. You will be responsible to monitor, troubleshoot, tune and scale up our systems and services.
In this job, you can expect to:
- Manage and build reliable, secure, and scalable cloud infrastructure that impacts millions of players
- Working alongside our SRE engineers to maintain Kabam's SLO's
In order to be successful at this role, we are looking for:
- Extensive Linux administration experience in a large scale environment
- Advanced knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Extensive experience managing cloud infrastructure using Terraform
- Experience using configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible)
- Solid experience with scripting (Bash, Python, Ruby)
In addition, it is nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience with service meshes and proxies (Istio, Consul, NGINX)
- Experience with monitoring infrastructure such as Grafana, NewRelic, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Stackdriver and CloudWatch
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, Travis)
- Experience with secret management solutions (Vault, Google Cloud KMS, AWS KMS)
- Experience in managing NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with message brokers (Kafka)
- Understanding of microservice architecture
- Experience in 24/7 on-call support rotation for distributed back-end systems
- Knowledge of the SRE mythology.