- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision is key
- Understand the risks of working in a live, 24x7 production environment
- Operate, maintain, and improve LogMeIn's application infrastructure:
- Production environments
- Staging and test environments
- Analyzing hardware capacities of the application infrastructure and providing recommendations to the Management team for improvements.
- Design and automate a robust provisioning process for environment setups (including test and development environments)
- Designing with practical knowledge hybrid-cloud based solutions. Work with architects and security experts to ensure services are secure
- Anticipating operational problems by monitoring system performance and studying operating targets, while recommending, influencing and implementing solutions to operational problems.
- Support the product development teams in design, development and troubleshooting
- Work closely and synchronize with other teams across LMI to follow standards and improve technical processes
- Demonstrating ownership of initiatives and driving them through to completion, including knowing the difference between project and interrupt driven tiering of work.
- Practical understanding with concepts such as Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration
- Continuously documenting processes and authoring user guides for an expanding infrastructure. Creating infrastructure requirement documents and system maps for the auto-scaling of applications deployed in our datacenters.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Solid operational knowledge of Linux/Ubuntu and troubleshooting & failure mode analysis
- Two or more of: CMD, PowerShell, Python, Bash, JSON & REST APIs
- Experience with complex, distributed production systems
- Experience with one or more of: HHVM, HAProxy, Memcached
- Experience with one or more web servers: Apache, NGINX
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Understanding of Infrastructure design and topology in order to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Understanding theory of load balancing intra-datacenter and inter-datacenter (hardware load balancing, DNS, HAProxy)
- Experience in one of the Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef
- Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Cassandra
- Exposure in designing the monitoring infrastructure with commercial or open source monitoring systems (Nagios, SCOM, Prometheus, Grafana, Logic Monitor, etc.)
- Virtual environments such as Hyper-V and/or ESX
- Logging standards, self-healing applications and providing Availability as a Service.
- Experience with version control and bug tracking systems (Git, Bitbucket, Jira)
Nice to have:
- Windows Server operating systems (2012 R2, 2016 & 2019), Microsoft Windows troubleshooting & failure mode analysis
- Active Directory, GPO, DNS and IIS
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Containerization of application deployments via Jenkins pipelines onto Azure or AWS cloud technologies
- PHP knowledge a plus
- Interacting with departments and end users having varying skill sets.
- Able to envision the overall big picture situation besides focusing on the details and specific tasks
- Ability to collaborate with others to understand requirements, develop solutions, coordinate with other teams and deliver solutions
- Mentoring junior team members
- Takes the initiative to complete important tasks; influences others to consider alternative approaches that show increased value
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to collaborate with others to understand requirements, develop solutions, coordinate with QA/Testing and deliver finished products
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other and the world around them to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world's top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communication & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.