The Priceline.com DevOps Engineering Team is responsible for activities that ensure the quality, reliability and stability of production systems and services. These activities include the design and specification of technical infrastructure and automation pipelines to facilitate the integration of software development and delivery from inception to full operation. These activities also include the implementation of solutions for fault tolerance, performance enhancement, and configuration management of applications systems and services, as well as the coordination and ownership of system and software releaseprocesses, and the coordination of the resolution of application support issues with development teams. Finally, DevOps Engineering interacts with product, engineering, support, and infrastructure teams as well as vendors and third parties to satisfy system needs in line with the group’s technical "vision" and strategies for fault tolerance, test automation, performance enhancement, and configuration management.
Senior Engineer Responsibilities
- Activities ensure the quality, reliability and stability of production systems and services.
- Leads engagement with software developers and infrastructure engineers to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
- Leads in the analysis of technical requirements of applications to ensure systems provide required availability, latency, scalability and efficiency
- Develops the technical “vision” for fault tolerance, performance enhancement and configuration management of applications, and may lead in implementation
- Advises infrastructure team regarding current and future systems needs and repercussions of infrastructure changes.
- May participate in the development of infrastructure and platform roadmaps.
- Leads the release of new software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Security and Architecture teams to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture standards and governance processes.
Senior Engineer Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related field). Graduate degree helpful.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with running distributed systems in public cloud environments such as GCP, AWS and Azure
- Expert knowledge of configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Expert knowledge of systems administration, typically Docker; Unix / Linux; networking protocols; database administration
- Advanced development skills with programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Bash, Java, C, C++
- Advanced knowledge of container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Expert knowledge in CICD automation using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Sonarcube, Bitbucket, Bamboo
- Five or more years of progressively complex related experience.