- Contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting-edge Big Data/Cloud technology.
- Department of Defense TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required at time of hire.
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites (required)
- Understanding of software unit and integration testing, bug reporting and tracking, documentation, and production software support and maintenance (required)
- Comprehension of software engineering fundamentals, object oriented programming, relational and time series databases, scripting knowledge and an advanced level of development operations (DevOps) skill set (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (required)
*US Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experiencepreferred.
- 4+ years of Linux system administration (RHEL/CENTOS) experience, including software integration, service management, configuration management, and routine sustainment operations related to provisioning, storage, and networking (required)
- 4+ years of software development experience with applicable Java knowledge (required)
- Experience with:
- Jenkins and ElasticSearch products (required)
- FOSS monitoring and metrics tool suites (Ganglia) (required)
- Key/Value repositories (Redis) (required)
- Data parsing/transforming technologies, to include JSON, XML, CSV formats (required)
- noSQL time sequence database (required)
- Analytical algorithm design/data science (required)
- Apache Storm, Apache HDFS/YARN, Apache Spark, Apache HBASE, Python, JIRA, Confluence, Nagios, Logstash, Kibana, Splunk, Grafana-aggregation plus display graphing, OpenTSDB, InfluxDB,