Senior DevOps Engineer
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company located northwest of Boston, MA. We are seeking an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer who can build out and support our web infrastructure (servers, databases, networks, monitoring, reporting) as well as our processes and procedures (continuous integration, build infrastructure, test automation).
Why join this team:
This is a new position on an expanding group with work/life balance and autonomy. You will contribute to the evolution of our AWS cloud infrastructure that supports Curriculum Associates' i-Ready SaaS application as well as internal systems.
In a single program, i-Ready integrates powerful assessments and rich insights with effective and engaging instruction in reading and mathematics to address students' individual needs. i-Ready empowers teachers every day to make more informed instructional decisions and motivates students with access to their own personalized path to growth. Want to be part of our impact? Join us!
The impact you'll have:
- You will develop and advance our capabilities in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- You will build, operate, scale, and troubleshoot the Curriculum Associates SaaS infrastructure.
- You will enhance our monitoring tools, build infrastructure and source code management.
- In collaboration with other teams, you'll make sure our infrastructure and applications that depend on it work together seamlessly.
- You will support other teams' build and infrastructure needs on an as-needed basis.
- You will write tools for systems and infrastructure automation.
- As part of an on-call rotation, you'll provide operations coverage.
Who we're looking for:
- 3-7 years of DevOps experience (preferably in a startup environment)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes
- Linux sys admin experience on Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, DynamoDB)
- Infrastructure as Code approaches: Puppet (or Chef/Ansible/Salt) and Terraform (or Cloudformation) experience
- Experience with MySQL, Java/Tomcat/Apache, Splunk and open-source tools for systems monitoring/management
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and Nexus
- Experience operating a 24/7 production web application
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task
- General analysis/problem solving and ability to develop creative solutions