Senior DevOps Engineer - Corporate Systems
- Job Number: 83731090
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 28-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Are you passionate DevOps engineer, want to work to solve large scale problems? Come join us to help build CI/CD platform to support dozens of applications across Apple. Our DevOps engineering team develops and deploy software which ensures that Apple’s corporate applications are delivered accurately, reliably and with speed. We support both open source and home-grown technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the best possible CI/CD platform. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to own and improve tooling for best of the class large-scale CI/CD platform. The DevOps engineering team is part of the engineering operations team for corporate systems. This team is directly responsible to build, manage and expand CI/CD platform in a fast paced environment.
- Experience designing and working with modern Continues integration and deployment solutions
- 5+ years supporting hosted services in a high-volume customer-facing environment
- String knowledge in debugging Unix servers
- DevOps skills in Java, Maven, Jenkins, NodeJS, PHP, Git.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Salt
- Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming language such Java, Ruby, Python
- Experience with logging infrastructure and tools such as Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Splunk
- Experience with networking load balancers such as Ngnix, Netscaler, HAProxy
- Background building distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines
- Independently driven, proactive, accountable, reliable, team player
- Drive to take initiative and own issues
- Experience in Dockers, Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra and Oracle is highly desirable
Working in DevOps engineering team will expose varieties of challenges. Our team provides Ci/CD platform for large numbers of Applications by building, tuning and supporting highly available system. On any given day, you will find a member of the team fault finding low level issues in different stacks of the tools that make up the platform. As member of this team you will be empowered to work across multiple tools to improve and expand the capabilities. This may include: * Design and implement new software to streamline manual operations * Triage production issues along with other operational team members * Conduct root cause analysis of critical issues * Expand the capacity and performance of the system The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic and detail oriented individual with a strong technical background.
BS engineering degree or equivalent.