Buchanan Technologies is currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer in the Dallas, TX area to coordinate Development Operations which includes helping manage continuous integration, versioning of source code, branching strategy, handling workflow setup, as well as deployment to different environments through automation. This is a full-time career opportunity; Direct Hire or Contract-to-Hire.
* LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
* NO 3RD PARTIES / NO CORP-TO-CORP
- Experienced with source code management software (TFS, SVN, GIT, VSTS)
- Able to manage builds for multiple concurrent and overlapping releases
- Experienced with and comfortable handling - branching and merging of source code within a source code management system (TFS, SVN, GIT)
- Experienced with IIS configuration and management
- Know how to setup and maintain continuous integration and automatic deployment to designated environments
- Knowledge and experience in setting up and implementing workflow management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Ideal to have 3+ years’ experience at windows and IIS administration
- 3+ years’ experience with a source code management system (TFS, SVN or GIT)
- 3+ years’ experience with .NET frameworks
- 3+ years’ experience with a change management tool/bug tracking tool (Rally, TFS, VSTS) is a plus
- 3+ years’ experience with continuous integration (CI) tools. Hand-on experience with automation and deployment tools – Git, Octopus Deploy, or relevant tools.
- Strong PowerShell experience to help automate environment builds.
- Experience managing release and deployment activities for multiple products.
- Hand on experience with automated deployment processes to support continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Able to maintain and build out the organization infrastructure and servers for various environments. Infrastructure as code.
- Evolve infrastructure, server, deployment strategies and testing to support 100% up-time and quick turnaround of deployments for the engineering organization.
- Experience with Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant.
- Know how to monitor environment and application health to ensure Production Up-time and smooth deployments.
To perform the essential function of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral/Written Communication Skills – Conveying and receiving information and ideas efficiently and effectively through a variety of organizational mediums
- Planning & Organizing – Identifies scope of work to be completed, prioritizes work by level of importance, remains focused in the face of distractions or dependencies
- Quality of Work – Amount of work produced together with the necessity of close supervision
- Dependability for Getting Work Done – Takes accountability for tasks, ability to achieve goals, delivers on time, performs independently and accurately
- Industry Knowledge – Understands the direct selling and network marketing industries and can apply it directly to job responsibilities
- Quality of Work – Ability to maintain quality and precision, attention to detail, ability to produce without mistakes
- Acceptance of Responsibility – Assuming responsibility for successfully completing assignments, self-imposing excellence standards
- Job Knowledge – Having achieved a satisfactory level of professional or technical knowledge and/or skill in job related areas
- Ability to Direct and Develop Employees – Managing people, process, and/or projects by providing guidance and direction to others that not only accomplishes results but earns/gains respect
- Control of Operations & Cost – Working within the organization’s budgetary guidelines while minimizing expenses and maximizing efficiency
- Attendance – Arrives to work on time and every day does not miss work without prior and appropriate notification
- Initiative – Seeks new/additional responsibilities, projects, tasks, acts independently, goes beyond limits of tasks with little or no supervision, demonstrates creative thinking skills
- Versatility – Easily adapts to changes in the work environment, readily deals with unexpected delays, events or changes, manages multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Judgment & Decisions – Reasoning effectively and coming to logical conclusions