BroadCloud offers a fully managed, scalable SaaS model that enables customers to quickly and cost-efficiently deploy BroadSoft Business (our integrated suite of telecommunication and collaboration services) to their business customers.
In this role, the DevOps engineer will work collaboratively with the software engineering and networkengineering teams to:
Deploy and operate our systemsAutomate and streamline our operations and processesBuild and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operationsTroubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
The BroadCloud Operations DevOps Engineer role requires:
Prior tangible hands-on experience with public cloud infrastructuretechnologies such as GCP and AWS,Expert TCP/UDP networking and Linux server administration skills10+ years or prior software development experience with technologies such as Java, C++, Perl, ant, etc. Any experience with Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins and/or Helm would be considered a plus.
The engineer is expected to develop tools and/or process improvements (focused on reducing complexity and risk as well as improving quality) that can be leveraged to simplify the wide array of operational tasks necessary to deploy and manage our hosted service offerings. In addition, the engineer will routinely be involved in complex problem resolution and troubleshooting activities. Responsibilities also include providing oversight, monitoring, and maintenance of servers, various software applications, several databasetechnologies, and a variety of network components. Other duties include researching, proofing, and authoring technical documentation.
Candidate must command excellent written and verbal communication skills, and show a propensity for collaborative teamwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintenance of BroadCloud servers to meet and exceed operational SLAs for all services.
- Establishes process and procedures for providing 24x7x365 monitoring of service availability.
- Works closely with engineering teams to create services that are highly available, and easily maintained and/or upgraded
- Defines operational processes to facilitate handoff of new products from Engineering handoff to Operations
- Defines operational processes for production software upgrades and patching
- Responsible for working with engineering to manage technical issues/escalations on network elements
- Participate in technical reviews, validation efforts, and acceptance meetings of all new products delivered to Operations.
B.S. degree in engineering or equivalent experience required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong quantitative and analytical aptitude, with extensive knowledge and experience in data analysis and system solutions. Able to present, organize, and convey complex problems or issues within and across other functions.
- Self motivated, self discipline, creative and determined to reach goals and objectives with minimal management intervention and control. Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team in the completion of important projects and major initiatives.
- Sound judgment, couple with strong decision-making skills. Highly organized with excellent follow-through.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to build relationships.
- Demonstrable, strong customer-service attitude.
- 10+ years or prior software development experience
- 3-5 years of experience managing large data applications.
- 3+ years experience in a 24×7 high-availability production environment
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as AWS, GCP, Docker, and VMWare
- Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
- In depth understanding of IP networking protocols (TCP/UDP, DNS, HTTP, VoIP, SSL, etc.).
- Demonstrable, expert server administration & networking skills
- Demonstrable, expert troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to work multiple projects concurrently within established timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new and changing technologies, applications, and solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills