Our client is a rapidly growing company that is on a mission to reinvent the way scientific research is done. They are a SaaS company that bridges software, hardware, and innovation. You will be responsible for architecting, managing and scaling the entire IOT platform that is built on Rancher/Docker and AWS.
- Take ownership for health, scalability and availability of our cloud services and IOT platform.
- Automate the deployment pipeline between our pre-production to production infrastructure.
- Spearhead the monitoring, security, alerting and reporting aspects of our infrastructure.
- Own the on-call process and training of the engineering team to respond in emergencies.
- Be the DevOps point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Mentor junior team members on best DevOps practices.
- 5+ Years of hands-on DevOps experience on AWS.
- Demonstrated experience in a containerized environment such as Rancher, Kubernetes or AWS ECS, including automated infrastructure deployment tools
- Great communication skills and process oriented mindset to align both internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced scripting experience in bash, python, etc.
- Prior experience at a startup.
- Experience managing and scaling production databases (PostgreSQL ideally).
- Managed both a multi and single tenant deployments a plus
- Advanced scripting experience and CLI tool development a plus
- Experience in a regulated environment such as HIPAA, PCI, GXP, etc. preferred
- Managed a DevOps team a big plus.