Senior DevOps Engineer - Azure - 8959
Nielsen is seeking an innovative and experienced Senior Sysadmin with proven experience in Cloud infrastructure provisioning and configuration management. This individual will work as a senior member of the Nielsen Cloud Tech Ops team to specify, design, develop and support vital cloud provisioning and reliability software. If you have a passion for the cloud DevOps role and are looking for an exciting opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
- Analyze our current production infrastructure and operations and update and improve upon it
- Get involved with our code deployment and data administration process
- Develop scripts to check the health of the system and various application subsystems and respond to alerts
- Contribute on some of the data engineering and back-end development tasks using Python, Java, and Shell Scripts
- Your performance will be measured based on improved deployment process/times, reduction in server alarms and more efficient operation of resources. The goal is that our app traffic scales without an increase in error reports and maintaining/improving our error rate, response times, uptime
- Proactively support production applications to meet SLA commitments.
What should you have?
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience supporting mission critical production applications deployed in the cloud
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native development principals
- Strong scripting skills - Python, Shell scripts
- Intermediate knowledge of Java
- Understanding of REST and SOAP
- Experience with maintaining applications in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of IP Networking, Network Security, Firewalls and DDOS mitigation
- Experience with continuous integration using Jenkins, log collection, and analysis, version control systems like Bitbucket or SVN
- Experience with application, performance and security monitoring and resolution
- Strong experience deploying Docker containers in a shared cluster environment