AxiaMed is a high growth SaaS payment transaction and security technology company dedicated to the healthcare industry. As an emerging leader in this space, we specialize in developing top-tier technology for transactional and revenue cycle management. Our goal is to revolutionize transactions by providing integrated solutions that enhance security and streamline workflow. Our core customer embraces secure and scalable technology that empowers their growth. We delight them by providing trusted, secure, easy to use, and innovative technology that allows them to focus on their core business. AxiaMed currently offers specific proprietary solutions together with customized web-based payment solutions and on-premise payment devices.
Our core values of Gratitude, Servant Leadership, Stewardship, Fruitfulness, and Teamwork define who we are at AxiaMed and represent ultimate objectives for our enterprise. We seek those who share these objectives and bring to AxiaMed a passion for excellence in their professions.
AxiaMed is currently seeking an experienced Sr. DevOps Engineer to support our mission of providing secure, reliable and innovative payment solutions to our healthcare clients. The Sr. DevOps Engineer reports directly to our Director of Cloud Operations and works to deliver high-quality cloud solutions and helps drive a strong DevOps culture. As part of the Cloud Operations team, you will be responsible for the architecture, development, deployment, and operations of our cloud infrastructure. You will be expected to share the on-call duty with the rest of the Cloud Operations and engineering teams. Working closely with our Development teams you will be a champion of DevOps best practices including CI/CD, Infrastructure as code, containerization, microservice architecture, automated testing, and security.
- Collaborate with Developers to build a world-class infrastructure that can meet our customer’s security and uptime requirements
- Act as a key contributor to the development of our developer and CI/CD processes to improve our developer agility and code quality
- Manage mission-critical cloud-based production systems; proactively take action if/when systems are down or there are interruptions in service; root cause and implement corrective actions to build long-term customer loyalty
- Help create and evolve our operational processes
- Help to identify emerging technologies that can enhance our offering to our customers
- Be passionate about automation, quality, reliability, and scalability
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 3+ years in Cloud Technologies preferably AWS
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with deployment orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, ECS, and Elastic Beanstalk
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI or Jenkins
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with Docker and Docker-Compose
- Minimum 4+ years with configuration management and automation tools (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef, CloudFormation, SaltStack, Terraform)
- Strong Linux system administration experience
- Strong programming experience in at least one language (python, node, java, go, c/c++, ruby)
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as ELK, DataDog or NewRelic, LogEntries, SumoLogic, etc.
- Experience with Incident Management and crisis management
- Able to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Candidate Preferences
- Payments industry experience.
- Experience managing an off-shore engineering team.
- Expertise in Agile methods, software development lifecycle management, continuous integration, and build and release management.
- HIPPA and PCI experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits
- 401K plan with company matching
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Inclusive and collaborative culture
- Employee Game Room with shuffleboard table, corn hole, and ping pong
- Catered lunch every Wednesday
- Headquarters located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California