Job Description Details
The Senior DevOps Developer will be responsible for the development activities supporting the emerging DevOps practice at QVC. As part of the software development team supporting DevOps, the ideal candidate will play a key role in developing new pipelines for applications, as well as help drive and develop a new internal cloud infrastructure, all within an increasing Agile environment. The Senior DevOps Developer will foster close relations with key stake holders within the IT organization to understand their requirements and to help shape delivery roadmap of DevOps.
- Apply knowledge of the latest trends in the DevOps industry and engage with other team members to consult and help to implement DevOps practices.
- Act as a change agent and champion for DevOps practices.
- Interface with various teams within IT including Application Development, QA, Infrastructure, and production readiness.
- Estimates own work effort for input to project planning.
- Escalates delays, issues, risks and highlights to project managers and/or project leads.
- Learns to build productive networks with internal clients.
- Cooperates with and works effectively with other IT team members.
- Education and Experience: Typical candidates will possess 4+ years of relevant experience and a BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in general system delivery
- 4+ years within DevOps practice
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment including Jenkins, Maven & SSH
- Experience in containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Mesos
- Experience in configuration / provisioning including Puppet or Chef
- Experience in Source code/ rep management including SVN, GIT, Artifactory
- Experience in collaboration platform including Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Unix command line tools such as sed, grep, awk
- Experience in development languages such as Java, Groovy, Python
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be part of an on-call rotation