Job ID: 15629BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related toengineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job is a team lead.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions. Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities. Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols. Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s). Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions. Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community. Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results. Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements. Other duties as assigned.
- Full stack developer/engineer
- Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve services and systems
- Deliver high-quality code through hands-on development with attention to detail
- Analyze and research issues and provide solutions quickly
- Work closely in an Agile team of product owners and engineers
- Actively participate in solution design
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or a related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
- 2+ years of Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Ubuntu Linux
- Experience writing backend systems and APIs in NodeJS, Go, or Python
- Hands-on experience working with web services such as REST and data-interchange formats likes JSON
- Extremely familiar with source code management systems (Git)
- Unit-testing experience
- Configuration management experience a plus
- Docker and container orchestration experience desirable
- Ambition and desire to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Knowledge/experience with one or more of the following:
Weekend work hours, Overnight work hours, Holiday work hours (Federal and religious) – as needed
Operates standard office equipment and Sitting (can stand at will)
Licensing or Certificates
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.