POSITION SUMMARY This is a senior tactical and strategic leadership position. This position encompasses hands-on infrastructure, cloud and applications environment automation but also collaboratively leads/influences embedded DevOps administrators and specialists within adjacent applications groups. This position is 50% hands-on Infrastructure and AWS cloud administration, and 50% leading strategies, architectures and tools/technology/process standards for environment and application deployment automation. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deploy effective IT and related business transformation to improve the efficiency & efficacy of Natera and also reduce business risk.
- Effective management of associated budgets, vendors and internal resources
- Day-to-day tactical responsibilities may include: automated patching, config & change management, compliance enforcement, tools Implementation and maintenance.
- Strategic planning and roadmap for Natera’s DevOps technologies & processes
- Create a climate and culture of continuous improvement and elegant simple solutions.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, business or technical field, or equivalent
- 5 years proven success in Information Technology (IT)
- 4 years proven success in DevOps and Environment Deployment Automation leadership
- 3 years proven success in project/program management
- 3 years proven success in department or team leadership
- 5 years’ experience working in a technology based global enterprise, preferably bio/pharma tech
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong technical experience in IT applications, compliance and Infrastructure
- Strong problem analysis and troubleshooting experience
- Strong verbal and written english communications
- Strong teamwork and problem-solving skills and behaviors
- Has a broad range of enterprise experience with a variety of Infrastructure, cloud and application (full stack) DevOps/Automations tools, technologies and processes
- Ability to drive Natera’s DevOps strategies to a higher level.
- Technical Skills:
- Operating Systems: CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu Server.Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon RDS, OracleDB (suggested), ReplicationScripting, Languages and API: Bash, Python, Java, Ruby, REST APIDevOps, Automation and Configuration Mgmt: Ansible, Cloud Formation, Docker, Rancher, Bamboo, Jenkins, Kubernetes.Monitoring and Alerting: LogicMonitor, Nagios, Dead Man’s Snitch, PagerDutyStorage: NetApp, SnapVault, SnapMirror, NFS, CIFS, ZFSAmazon Web Services: VPC, EC2, AWSCLI, S3, GLACIER, LAMBDA, ELB, EBS, IAM, RDS.Virtualization: VMWare ESX, VCenter, VSphere, VMotion, VM Templates.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties typically performed in an office setting.
- Requires ability to read and understand legal, financial and scientific documents, laws and other technical and legal written materials.
- Requires use of computer, phone, and ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- May require working flexible hours.