Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
- Perform ITIL System Owner for a critical Sabre Product
- Work closely with operations and software engineering teams to design and implement scalable and high-performance solutions for our platform.
- Define monitoring requirements and implement automated incident resolution solutions by creating Alerts.
- Provide 24x7 tier-3 troubleshooting and break-fix support for production and non-production services.
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for internal service level objectives.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Platform Support Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation. Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention.
- Part of a team rotation doing 12/7 passive Level 2 on call team. We will get support from Global teams for Level 1 monitoring.
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and internal architecture diagrams.
- Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years related experience.
- Experience with configuration, change management, monitoring or and trending of Platform/ Application.
- Experience with New Relic, Solar Winds or App Dynamics is a plus. Developing and maintaining run book articles for support teams.
- Ensuring platform availability and addressing operational issues as they arise in accordance with internal and customer SLA’s
- Knowledge resource on multiple projects/initiatives across the company for a variety of internal/external customers.
- Experience working on Linux environment
- Experience supporting web services architectures.
- High level understanding of TCP/IP network stack including HTTP protocols.
- Understanding of ITIL process. Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Scripting skills ( ruby, python, perl or shell scripting)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details such as JIRA or Service Now.
- Worked with Git/SVN code respositories.
- Experience with a configuration manager such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc.
Req ID: 47114