A rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com, is seeking an ambitious, talented, Senior Electrical Design Engineer. Very few small companies innovate and develop across such a broad range of technologies as Alarm.com.
The Electrical Design Engineer position is ideal for candidates who want to work with technologies such as cellular networks (3G, LTE, Cat-M, NB-IoT) and mesh/star sub-GHz networks. Opportunities include both the design of cutting-edge low power battery powered devices, innovative sensing applications, and life safety devices.
- Develop, design, simulate, and test a range of battery powered cellular devices
- Research and identify the best low-power sensing technologies to meet product requirements
- Design and test hardware for life safety applications in a challenging global market
- Work with senior management, set priorities and processes for managing the Device Engineering team’s manufacturing and prototyping process.
- Act as liaison with our manufacturing partners
- Work closely with RF design engineers to optimize RF performance and minimize EMI
- Work closely with Mechanical design engineers to meet product requirements with challenging space constraints
- Collaborate with Firmware engineers to ensure efficient hardware verification and board bring-up
- Operate independently but working with senior management to understand and be fully aligned with company priorities, goals, and strategies
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or a similar technical discipline
- 4+ years of electrical HW engineering experience including schematic capture, layout design, hardware bring-up, and high-volume manufacturing design
- Skilled in circuit design, simulation, and testing
- Knowledgeable and forward-thinking regarding technologies and developments in batteries and low power design
- Rigorous attention to detail with focus on robustness, scalability, and quality of products
- Self-motivation and the discipline to thoroughly test and vet circuit designs
- Organized with strong communication skills, a customer service mentality, and willingness to roll up their sleeves
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a small, fast-paced environment
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Previous experience in working with cellular and local area radios, home automation protocols, and various modern sensors
- Previous experience with Altium PCB Design software
- Designing for UL, EN, and NFA2P life safety requirements
- Previous experience working with battery power devices, low power systems, and/or sensors
- Experience with the C programming language
- Master of Science degree
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.