Industry: Business Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 293 days ago
• Be a critical member of the Global Resources team by successfully stewarding and soliciting individuals in support of the WCS mission.
• Be a vital member of the team responsible for raising over $30M/year in Major Gifts by successfully raising gifts of $25,000 or more and managing a portfolio consisting of approximately 150+ high-level individual donors and prospects capable of giving 6-figure gifts.
• Engage donors/prospects through in-person meetings, events and written communications. Meet with donors nearly 50% of each week to provide briefings, facility tours, and make funding requests. Conduct cultivation meetings and collaborate on the development and implementation of cultivation and stewardship events.
• Meet monthly and quarterly benchmarks and goals based on activity with prospects/donors and dollars raised. Maintain visitation reports and current information regarding donor correspondence, meetings and other activities in database.
• Write, edit, and proofread proposals, reports, letters and other correspondence, working with program staff to elicit information as necessary.
• Identify new prospects for gifts of $25,000 or more, and work with Associate and prospect research staff to develop information/materials required for cultivation and solicitation.
• Utilize the available pipeline via members and Conservation Patrons and oversee strategic movement between these constituency bases to increase dollars raised.
• Propose and implement strategies to engage and attract new prospects. Management of cultivation events, including tours, small targeted dinners and presentations as well as lecture type events, while also assistant with WCS flagship events in collaboration with other teams and departments. Manage cultivation event message/theme; contribute to updating even information into database; assist with planning and implementing comprehensive follow up strategies; and other duties needed for successful management of cultivation events.
• Lead and creatively package VIP tour requests while addressing the expectations of donors and internal capacity of staff. Accommodate last minute tour and visit requests and liaise with program staff.
• Work closely with the Director of City Zoos to utilize the Central Park Zoo as a platform for identifying and engaging top donors and prospects.
• Work with the team and Global Resources staff to ensure accurate and timely maintenance of required information in donor database, including projections, proposal status, actions, accurate contact information, etc. and assist in other special projects.
• Accountable for keeping up to date on Raiser’s Edge procedures, attending all required training sessions, and ensuring accurate and timely data entry.
• May require overnight travel and ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
• As requested, staff department events, perform other tasks and provide support for other Global Resources activities.
• Perform all other duties as required.
Qualifications: B.A./B.S and 6+ years of front-line fundraising experience required. Also required: excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills; demonstrated ability to work independently and to interact successfully with high-level donors/prospects and senior program staff; great attention to detail; interest in WCS mission; strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and internet. Well-traveled or at least have a working knowledge of global issues and geography. Experience with Raiser’s Edge (or similar fundraising database) and prospect research skills a plus.