At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
Come join the Allbirds Technology team as the Development Manager of the Data Product team to provide the technology platform that powers valuable insights to drive our business. As a company that cares deeply about our employee experience, we are in search of a seasoned leader capable of balancing the need to drive results with growing and developing the talent and careers of the people they lead.
What does the job entail?
- Serve as the Development Manager leading the Engineers and technical project execution of our Data Product (Data Warehouse) team
- As part of an Agile organization, you will monitor feedback from the team and stakeholders to continuously optimize our project execution framework
- Regular 1:1s with employees to provide our Engineers with both technical and career guidance to enable them to achieve their career goals
- Planning to include annual budgets and project roadmaps
- Work in close partnership with our Product Management team to ensure we are making the right technical decisions while delivering business value as we execute against our project portfolio
- Effectively communicate with business partners, Engineers and Senior / Executive leadership
- Manage key vendor relationships
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You are energized when your team is successful and motivated by the opportunity to lead through challenges
- You subscribe to the principles of servant leadership
- You appreciate the appropriate amount of Engineering rigor to ensure both project success and long term systems stability
- You have a track record of success in both technical and leadership roles
- You recognize engineering talent when you see it and know how to work with people to develop their skills
- You have a passion for technology and stay current with the latest trends
More practical skills needed:
- BS/MS in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, etc
- Successful career as an individual contributor and team / technical lead
- 6-8+ years experience in a leadership / management role