Requisition ID: 1562
Grace is built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,700 people in over 30 countries.
Grace is built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customer partners around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,700 people in over 30 countries.
The primary function of this position is to develop and scale-up new or improved manufacturing processes to support the growth and productivity objectives of the Refining Technologies product line. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project planning and execution to drive projects from concept to commercialization, including startup and successful transfer to manufacturing.
- Apply soundengineering principles, rigor and manufacturingexperienceto:
- Ensure safe, environmentally responsible processes are transferred to production
- Solve chemical and process engineering problems related to new product and new manufacturing process concepts
- Identify critical process parameters and develop functional FMEA, Cause and Effect Relationships and Critical to Quality Process Control Plan
- Carry out experiments to determine the effect of processing variables on product properties and performance
- Lead productivity projects in the manufacturing environment to improve quality, lower cost and increase rates.
- Troubleshoot new and existing plant processes
- Provide necessary technical support for Process Design
- Identify applicable state of the art instrumentation, equipment, and alternate process technology to upgrade the capability of manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate effectively with Research, Manufacturing, and Engineering for the introduction of new products and new plant capabilities
- Communicate projects updates, progress, risks, options, barriers and recommendations, effectively to technical and non-technical audience
- Proven ability to work safely in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing environment
- Strong background in chemistry and engineering fundamentals. Candidate must be able to apply fundamental engineering concepts to develop robust technical solutions for implementation in commercial manufacturing operation.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Statistical techniques (DOE, Regression, Anova, SPC, Hypothesis Test, Process Capability Studies) for process development and process improvement
- Sound Project Management Skills, ability to successfully handle multiple projects using self directed work management style
- Ability to work in cross functional team (R&D, Manufacturing, Process Design, Pilot Plant) to drive project results
- Demonstrated ability to develop, scale-up, improve, troubleshoot and transfer new processes to manufacturing.
- Strong bias for action with a natural curiosity and ability to learn.
- BS, MS, PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Material Science.
- Minimum 3-5years (entry level), 5-10 years (Sr. Level) experience in process development or manufacturing in chemical process industry.
- Experience with commercial scale chemical reaction, washing, drying, milling, classification unit operations is required
- LeanSix sigma trained with demonstrated ability to utilize statistical techniques.
- Direct experience with alumina, zeolite, refining catalyst, or related inorganic materials is a plus