As a member of the Waters Instrument Development Group, the successful candidate will participate in the development and design verification of chromatographic hardware, software, and chemistry products.
- Design and perform benchmarking and evaluation experiments of chromatographic equipment including IVD medical devices.
- Analyze data and draw conclusions from experiments.
- Summarize and present results of investigations and design verifications to hardware, software and chemical development teams.
- Interpret and explain chromatographic results and provide insight to hardware and software design teams to help solve difficult design problems.
- Qualify, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment.
- Generate detailed written reports that include analysis, methodology and interpretation of results.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of industry experience is requiredat a minimum. MS degree with 3+ years of industry experience is highly preferred.
- Good theoretical and practical understanding of chromatography including software, hardware, and chemistry.
- Familiarity with electrical, mechanical, and software design processes and their effect on instrument performance. Exposure to mechanical design and software development projects highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills especially in terms of identifying new system performance issues and the ability to formulate theories and subsequent experiments to determine the cause and offer possible solutions to these issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with LC/MS is highly desirable.
- Experience with analytical analysis techniques such as SEM/EDS, Raman Spectrophotometry and FTIR is desired.
- Experience with Risk Management ISO 14971, IEC 62304 and ISO 13485 is desired.