We are helping the Bank evolve to meet the needs of the future.
TD Bank API Program is the Bank’s organizational unit which helping the Bank build, integrate and transition to using Web RESTful APIs. The API Program provides Frameworks for building APIs; Portfolio Management, Standards and Governance Services; API Development Consulting and 1-time project implementation services. We are a very active part of the TD Applications and Systems Development Community. API Program is the technology owner of API Framework, API Management Systems, API Gateway and Marketplace application.
API Frameworks and API Management System Development
API Framework and Management System development cover technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support, maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements and resolve challenges.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to join a team of ambitious technology professionals as they deliver a wide range of application or system solutions.
This fast-paced role gives you a very unique view across all the lines of business (LOB) at TD, front-end to back-end data flows, and exposure to migrate legacy systems into the new API-based world.
You’ll also have the opportunity to provide technical guidance beyond your immediate team.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.
- Working on internal development initiatives to add new features to the API Frameworks written in Java and Nodejs, or any of the major initiatives we are working on rolling out (public-facing API’s, enterprise API metrics collection & reporting, API book of records, identity management and access controls, etc.).
- Key contributor to Micro Services strategic initiative, Hybrid Cloud, Docker Containerization development, CI/CD and DevOps.
- Work in fast paced Agile environment embracing new challenges and learnings every day.
- Aim for defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Implement effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards, imparting your subject matter expertise throughout life cycle.
- Follow TD’s technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines.
- Mentor intermediate or junior developers.
- Support external partners on consuming TD APIs, provide technical guidance to internal partner teams on API development and onboarding to API management system.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degreepreferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ Java development experience and proficient in Java core technologies (Java 6 through 8) and writing unit test cases.
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience with Node.js. Nice to have Express or Loopback or Strongloop framework experience.
- Bachelor and above degree in computer science, mathematics or related
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience in Restful API development with good concept of HTTP protocol.
- Good knowledge of Restful API Description Language RAML and SWAGGER.
- Good knowledge of authorization and authentication standards and protocols (OAuth, SAML, Kerberos, OpenID Connect and etc.)
- Good knowledge of JAX-RS and Servlet standards and implementation.
- Experience with configuring, developing, and deploying scalable applications within web/application frameworks and servers (JBoss 6.5+, Apache/Tomcat, Spring Boots, Spring MVC, Webshpere and etc.)
- Extensive experience in DevOps tooling: Maven, Git, Jenkin, Nexus, NPM
- Proficient in SQL and one of RDBMS: MySQL, Oracle, DB2 and MS SQL.
- Hands-on experience in J2EE Technologies such as JMS, MQ, Servlets, HTML, Java Script, XML, XSD, Hibernate, JPA, MyBatis and etc.
Nice to have:
- Nice to have experience in WS SOAP and WSDL development.
- Nice to have experience in JMeter
- Nice to have the diagnostics skills on Java Profiling and Application Tuning.
- Nice to have experience with NoSQL databases: Cassandra, MongoDB, Reddis, InfluxDB and etc
- Amazon Web Services or Azure Web Services
- Cloud technology (Openspace, Cloudify and Salt) and TOSCA blueprints.
- Elastic search
- Containerization technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Sysdig and Twistlock.
- Familiarity with a flavor of UNIX (Linux, AIX and etc.) and Windows.
- Agile/Scrum development methodology.