$160K — $170K
This development role will have responsibility for developing and supporting a number of applications used by our portfolio management, research analyst, marketing, sales, and client service teams. These applications are built using a range of technologies including .NET MVC, Angular 7+, SQL Server, Oracle, Salesforce, Informatica cloud, data warehousing, Tableau, and SQL Reporting Services.
The Senior Web and Database Developer will help guide and participate in all phases of software development, from analysis and design with end users, through coding, testing, and deployment.
We are seeking candidates with interest in working on a wide range of highly visible and closely-integrated applications who want to work in a software development capacity but where they also have an opportunity to build and apply knowledge of the investment management industry. This role will have a substantial impact on key internal and client-facing systems.
Examples of key systems to be maintained and enhanced include the investment research management system, Tableau visualizations and reporting for investment professionals, and Salesforce CRM with several integrations to internal applications.
* Work with end users to define, design, and document system features and enhancements
* Ensure software produced meets business needs and can still be easily maintained
* Troubleshoot production issues and ensure appropriate resolution
* Be accountable for deliverables - provide status reports of work completed, planned, and obstacles
* Stay current with industry best practices and technologies and provide leadership to constant improvement to the software and development process
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or IT related field
* 4+ years of professional software development experience, ideally within financial services
* Strong experience with ASP.NET MVC and Angular 2+
* Salesforce experience not required, but will be necessary to learn
* Advanced level database skills with Oracle or SQL Server
* We prefer candidates with
• Experience with Salesforce APEX development
• Experience with Informatica Cloud
• Experience with SQL Server Integration Services
• Experience with SSRS and/or Tableau reporting systems
In addition, the following competencies are expected:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Understand/learn the firm's business in order to anticipate client needs
* Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
* Stays abreast of industry best practices and drive improvements
* Can extend him/herself beyond the specified workday as required by the situation, potentially including periodic availability in the weekends
Valid through: 12/15/2020