Do you want to make a significant impact? Do you want to lead the development of enterprise-wide projects? True Value has a need for Senior Developer.
Revolutionize Wholesale and be a part of a high performing finance team. We are a dynamic team committed to driving True Value's aggressive growth as the only nationally branded hardlines wholesaler that celebrates independent retailers.
• Embraces personal and professional development
• Values diverse perspectives
• Provides competitive compensation
• Committed to volunteerism and community outreach
Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
The Senior Developer will be responsible for designing and developing robust technical solutions for applications that aligns with IT vision and strategy. The Senior Developer must work at high technical levels of application system analysis and programming activities with established experience in application development methodology & project management life-cycle methodology. This position will also work with junior programmers to help mentor them in newer technologies and application development skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
- Design, develop, document, and unit test web application across the full stack of technologies from back end to front end and data storage.
- Develop complex programs without assistance.
- Participate in the design, coding, analysis, testing, and rewriting of programs and prepare documents for the System Development Life Cycle process, without assistance.
- Use change management practices and/or software.
- Design database tables, stored procedures, triggers, and cursors.
Analysis / Communication:
- Translate business requirements to technical specifications.
- Take an active role in technology and architecture planning for applications.
- Analyze information and develop plan of action for the IT project team.
- Analyze and solve complex business problems.
- Perform or assist in the research and fact-finding to develop or modify application programs.
- Prepare project reports and system program documentation.
- Create unit test cases.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Assist in the user acceptance testing and recommend defect resolutions in conjunction with requirements/development team.
- Define test case scenarios (test data creation, unit, and system and user acceptance) per established methodology. Work with business users to execute user acceptance test cases.
- Obtain user approval for the changes.
- Troubleshoot applications and quickly resolve production issues.
- Assist users with complex system problems.
- Identify issues and inconsistencies with data quality and create processes to overcome system deficiencies.
- Able to assist in maintaining and supporting existing systems without prior knowledge of them.
- Work with and mentor junior programmers on newer technologies.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Prepare documentation and obtain approvals in accordance with the True Value SDLC process.
Required Work Experience:
- Five to seven years of related experience required
- Visual Studio
- C# language
- Deep understanding of .NET/.NET Core architecture and platform
- MVC Pipeline
- Razor Pages
- Use and nuances of Parallel/Async methodologies
- ADO.NET and Entity Framework (or similar ORM)
- Popular front-end frameworks / libraries (bootstrap, jQuery, etc)
- Ability to understand and Write SQL queries of medium to high complexity
- Understanding of application hosting environments ( IIS, Kestrel, windows, linux )
- Familiarity with SCM tools like SVN, TFS, Git etc
- Understanding on application security and ability to apply it to software development
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience supporting Supply Chain/Operations departments
- Knowledge and experience working on Power Apps, Power BI and Sharepoint
- Experienced in Oracle Retail Merchandising Suite - Version 12; RMS, RSM, RPM, RIB, SeeBeyond, Oracle Forms & Reports, JAVA, UNIX Knowledge; Oracle Application Server (OAS) knowledge, WESB, Infosphere, AppWorx
- Cloud hosting environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- SQL Server - Creating tables, indexes and other database objectsMid-Range - Proficient in Oracle, UNIX, SQL, Oracle forms and ETL tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.