At The RealReal we are building a world class DevOps team to support the growth of the Company and the Engineering team. You will be exposed to the latest technology, a pervasive data-driven culture, while immersed in a friendly, helpful engineering organization. As a member of a small team, you'll be able to shape the evolution of our technology stack and represent our team to the rest of the organization.
This full time, permanent position is based out of The RealReal HQ in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Technical Operations. As part of the DevOps team, you will help develop our infrastructure and code pipelines. Major projects may include platform migrations, disaster recovery deployments, and more. Bring your thorough, practiced understanding of DevOps and help shape The RealReal's production infrastructure and Engineering culture.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build and evolve our production infrastructure, strategically employing automation, and infrastructure-as-code. Use depth of cloud experience to put together elegant designs that the team will enjoy supporting.
- Design, build and evolve our code pipelines, designing and building automation in order to enable agile software development, using self-service where possible.
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively with Engineers and Product teams on our development workflows and microservices environments.
- Drive the design of our dynamic development environments.
- Advocate for and ensure compliance with 12 Factor methodology in our apps.
- Quickly absorb context and tribal knowledge while ramping up and using that to build or bolster documentation. Understand and coalesce information sources for effectiveness.
- Keep a strong level of quality and velocity in your work, while collaborating and reporting when appropriate.
- Exercise and promote security best practices throughout your workflow.
- Participate in an on-call rotation on a regular basis and respond to incidents reliably and professionally.
- 5+ yrs DevOps or Systems Administration experience.
- 3+ yrs experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP).
- 2+ yrs professional experience with UNIX-based Operating Systems.
- 2+ yrs Automation experience using popular languages (bash, python, etc).
- Experience building Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows.
- Proficient with crafting concise and professional communications to our Engineering teams.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of common network protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, SSL/TLS, and relevant diagnostic tools.
- Understanding of database fundamentals and experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of git and Github workflows.
- Understanding of packaging, deployment, and support of containerized (Docker) applications.
TO SET YOU APART
- Experience deploying microservices environments.
- Experience converting applications to run in Docker containers, and with orchestration layers.
- Experience using terraform with multiple providers and/or integrated with a build/release system.
- Experience in software development.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree.