We are looking for candidates that have a wide degree of experience in supporting analytics environments but specifically have extensive experience in supporting Tableau from an implementation, administration, and center of excellence role to be a key subject matter expert for our team. Even though you will be the Tableau subject matter expert for the team you will be expected and encouraged to learn and do more than just Tableau work!
- As a member of the Analytics Management team in Enterprise Data Management you will be on a cross-functional agile/high performance team to deliver and support WWT’s analytic infrastructure.
- Develop and support the current state analytics software, systems, and processes that enable the supported analytics teams. The support will be either direct hands on work or working with other teams (DBA, operations) to support the software. Software will include data platforms (Vertica), data movement/ETL (ODI, Golden Gate, DVO), analytical/reporting (Tableau, WebFOCUS), and WWT built applications and utilities.
- Develop and improve standards and procedures to support quality development, testing, production, and operational oversight of the Analytics Management processes.
- Look for areas to remove technical debt from the analytics landscape. Bring these ideas to the team so they can be vetted and eventually worked on.
- Work on the Analytics Management team initially will center on supporting the existing tools, systems, and processes. As WWT’s Business Process Improvement (BPI) project gains momentum and the associated move to cloud based applications and platforms impacts the analytics landscape, when the future state platforms becomes an implementation reality you and the rest of the Analytics Architecture team will shift focus to make this successful.
- Minimum four years of experience in implementation, administration, and/or center of excellence role for at least two analytics products, one of the two being Tableau. Tableau experience is required. Experience beyond just building analytics with the analytics products is required. Must have provided expertise in a “center of excellence” or “subject matter expert” type role helping make others be successful and more productive in using the products. Experience is desired in integrating the analytics products within an organization’s overall infrastructure in areas such as security, high availability, code management and deployment, and metadata management.
- Minimum two years of experience supporting purchased vendor software. Experience with installation and support (scripting, security, deployment topics) on multiple platforms (Linux, Windows, WebLogic, Cloud Foundry) expected.
- Experience with at least one programming language preferred; experience with Groovy programming language is a plus.
- Relational databaseexperience including tuning concepts for analytics deployments required; experience with Oracle and/or Vertica databases preferred.
- Understanding of design considerations for star schemas and related concepts preferred.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Agile Software Development Lifecycle.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
- Independent, self-motivated and has ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- BS in Management of Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience with a 4 yeardegree.