Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of highest technical complexity
- Consults with functional management in the analysis of short and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the future impact of changing business needs.
- Works closely with client management to identify and specify the complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Provides highly technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies that assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives.
- Primary accountability for the position involves establishing and driving clear, effective, and innovative solution designs aligned to The Hartford’s technical standards.
- Responsible for conceptualizing/designing architectures that enable achievement of business objectives that consider strategic alignment, scale, reliability, security, complexity, and cost.
- Participation with agile teams to develop/implement solutions that streamline business processes and enable ERM business objectives to be achieved as well as mentor staff regarding key technologies.
- Evaluating software technology/products
- At least 6+ years experience in IT systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of the system development life cycle, the client area's functions and systems, and application program development alternatives.
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Property & Causality industry and Risk Management background preferred.
- The applicant should have hands-on experience and technical skills in designing and implementing robust enterprise level solutions with a broad understanding of modern software technology frameworks, platforms, development tools, and processes as well as knowledge of Risk Management vendor software solutions.
- Experience designing and implementing Web services or API-based integrations with clear understanding of JAX-RS, JSON, REST Architecture and HTTP standards.
- Demonstrated skills regarding various DBMS/ETL vendor technologies including SQL Server/T-SQL, Oracle/PL/SQL, SSIS & Markit EDM as well as general purpose programming languages such as Python.
- Experience with DevOps practices including but not limited to continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) concepts and tools; familiarity with automated testing and code analysis tools.
- The incumbent must have strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills with ability to effectively communicate solution recommendations and influence key stakeholders.
- Be a self-motivated individual with strong analytical and research skills; Have the ability to handle multiple high priority demands; and have the ability to be detail oriented, yet still be able to have clarity on the overall picture.
- Proficiency in designing and developing complex IT systems and assessing and evaluating alternative solutions.
- A strong desire to stay on top of technology trends in the Insurance Industry and Advanced Technology space.