The Senior Developer performs detail design, development, documentation, debugging and implementation of technical products, software programming applications. The Senior Developer also recommends alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
• College degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Proven technical leadership skills in leading high talent teams in local and remote locations.
• 5-7 years experience in software development, preferably 1-2 years in the PBM industry.
• Focus areas for this role will include the contact centers, digital channel engagement, and overall patient and physician engagement. Experience in these areas is a strong plus
• 3-5 years experience developing applications with Java
• Proven experience developing service infrastructure in Spring or similar
• In-depth knowledge of service infrastructure including REST and SOAP
• Demonstrated experience with source control management tools such as Git, SVN, TFS or CVS
• Ability to be an agent of change, handle complex technical problems into smaller simple solutions, and create a culture that supports high team morale.
• Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Knowledge and experience working within an Agile software development environment
• Experience developing and deploying service layer /middleware applications in an enterprise scale environment.
• Extensive understanding and experience with software debugging and integration techniques (API, Services, SOA)
• Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
• Experience with strategic work planning and budgeting.
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
• Willingness to travel limited amounts.