For an innovative federal government agency, NCI is seeking a Senior Developer responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties. Developer is proficient in both front and back end coding and performs tasks using Agile methodologies participating in creating user stories for business functionality, technical requirements, and defining acceptance criteria. The Developer is required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring collaboration, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop secure REST and SOAP web services using Java Spring and Java Security
- Ensure high-quality code by creating and maintaining a high percentage of unit and integration test cases as indicated by SonarQube (and other technology) reports.
- Support frequent iterations of code deployments using mature Agile DevSecOps processes and an established CI/CD pipeline on an AWS environment.
- Implement and maintain Docker configuration files to deploy microservices as shippable containers.
- Query, cleanse, and migrate data between legacy and modernized data sources using open source technologies.
- Creating and updating required documentation; such as the System Design Document (SDD) and Interface Control Document (ICD)
- Write and execute load test scripts
- Troubleshoot system issues related to software applications; Tier II Support
- Contributing to Agile ceremonies/meetings; providing demonstrations of code and contributing to the Agile team wherever required
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- S. citizenship
- Bachelor Degree
- 7+ years of experience in software development using Open Source technology,
- 2+ years of experience in the Information Technology field focusing on development projects using DevSecOps.
- Experience with automation and engineering tasks, AI/ML implementation, data, infrastructure/operations, and security engineer tasks in cloud environments a plus
- Working knowledge of both front end and back end technology stacks
- Knowledge of or working experience with CI/CD pipelines; including technologies such as Docker, Jenkins, Github, and others
- Innovative thinking – ability to learn new tools and techniques and apply them to the program
- Experience transforming large, government programs to the cloud
- Written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as JIRA/Confluence preferred
- Familiar with open source ETL tools and databases such PostgreSQL
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- One or more Agile and AWS certification preferred