Join the technology expeditionists at LoyaltyOne.
- Be Curious, question everything.
- Be Bold, build anything.
- Be Great, be yourself.
Who you are:
- You have sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems.
- Strong analytical skills and use of data for sound decision-making.
- You bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strong collaboration.
- You strive for constant improvement in both yourself and your team in meaningful ways.
- You are someone others look to for solving difficult problems, bounce ideas off and providing an alternate viewpoint.
On your LoyaltyOne Adventure, you will be involved in:
- Design, develop, test and implement software applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
- Understand and follow Agile development methodologies and the role of testing
- Make recommendations for process improvements and best practices
- Be an active participant in design sessions, led by a Technical Lead and based on business requirements
We are looking for you to bring to the team:
- A desire to learn and grow
- Passion, excitement and creativity
- Open mind to new ideas and delivery
Technologies that we use or will be using. Help us discover and learn more!
- Rest API, Cloud
- Python, C, Perl, PHP, Ruby
- Bootstrap, Node.js, Play Rails
- Hadoop, MapReduce
- JBoss, XML/Json, Jquery, CSS, HTML, GIT
- Tomcat, Maven, Oracle, SQL
- JUnit/TestNG, JMS
- Active MQ/JBoss Messaging
- Linux (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu)
You would describe yourself as having:
- Having a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related field
- A passion for technology that understand data, API design and infrastructure concepts
- Enthusiasm and experience working in an Agile team environment
- 5+ years of Software Engineering/Development experience
- Understanding of machine learning
- Desire to independently research work-around solutions to complex problems
- Willingness to perform paired programming
Interesting perks at LoyaltyOne:
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Subsidized catered bistro café
- On-site gym and massage therapy
- Great health and wellness benefits
- One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS).