This is a software development position to join a team building the ETFI system, which supports automated and manual workflows to manage ETF, Indices and ETNs. This system, used by the ETFI Operations team, supports exchange traded products across the ICE organization. The candidate for this role will enhance, maintain and provide production support for the Omega ETFI mission critical application. This major contribution of this role will be to the migration of the NYSE ETF, Index and ETNs to Omega.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work across all aspects of the product development lifecycle to enhance, maintain and support the ETFI product so new business and current business can be migrated to the ETFI system.
- Collaborate as a member of an agile scrum team to ensure communication and cooperation across the different staff members and roles within the team.
- Work with Product management and operations to review and refine requirements.
- Consult with senior members of the development team on product architecture and design issues
- Guide less experienced developers.
- Develop features in Omega ETFI system in Java, real time messaging, database and scripting technologies as applicable
- Work with QA and Product Ops to verify new features and perform regression testing.
- Provide Off-hours support for new release deployment and production support.
Knowledge and Experience
- The successful candidate will have:
- 8-15 years of experience in professional software development environment.
- 5 years of Java coding
- 3+ years of script coding (Perl or similar)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science.
- Agile experience is a strong plus.
- Financial Services experience is a strong plus.
Competencies are the skills and behaviors that are critical both to your personal performance and to ICE’s continued success. The core competencies apply to every member of staff working for ICE.
- Offers time and/or assistance to colleagues; is widely regarded and respected as someone to go to for help
- Fosters friendly and cooperative relationships with others; colleagues enjoy working with the
- Shares knowledge and mentors staff; works to develop others’ knowledge as well as own
- Gives and shares credit as appropriate
- Contributes to recruiting and training efforts of others, including candidate referrals, job interviews and mentoring
- Attends and participates in company and department level functions inside and outside of the office
Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
- Demonstrates an understanding of the urgent nature of our business and the need to proactively find and fix problems quickly and effectively takes ownership and follows through on decisions; doesn’t minimize or forget about problems
- Determines and fixes root causes rather than just treating symptoms
- Applies novel techniques to solve problems that are more ambiguous; challenges long-held beliefs when necessary
- Quickly and effectively identifies alternative solutions and the pros/cons of each; confirms that a proposed solution has no unintended consequences
- Takes steps to mitigate risk
- Consults with colleagues and recommends solutions based on the best interests of customers and shareholders, even when the opinion is unpopular
- Actively listens and speaks to, not over, others
- Uses clear and constructive language orally and in writing
- Communicates important developments to the relevant and appropriate audiences in a timely and consistent manner
- Asks follow-up questions to ensure all points are understood
- Takes time to objectively listen to all viewpoints before forming an opinion
- Builds consensus among differing views
Professionalism & Integrity
- Makes a positive impression; represents the company well on the phone and in person, including maintaining attire and appearance that is consistent with company image and appropriate for employee’s role
- Models a ‘can-do’ attitude and takes initiative as a self-starter; inspires and motivates others to do the same
- Embraces, rather than resists, additional responsibilities
- Refrains from office gossip; settles rather than creates conflict with and between others
- Exhibits desired work habits including regular office hours and extra hours when necessary while minimizing breaks and non-work related activities
- Adheres to all corporate policies; makes prudent use of company resources