Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division.
- Responsible for the technical leadership, execution, and delivery of next generation software defined infrastructure; firewall technologies, intrusion detection/prevention technologies, micro-segmentation, F5, SD-LAN, SD-WAN other data center technologies and continuous process improvements. This role will lead the corporate execution and delivery of software defined infrastructure working with internal subject matter experts and partners/vendors to deliver the solution.
What you'll do
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling automation, orchestration, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Accountable for identifying, designing, building, and implementing within the software defined product, having end-to-end accountability for customer satisfaction, delivery effectiveness and execution
- Develops and maintains the company’s virtual software defined infrastructure documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures)
- Functions as a technical change agent and influences product direction in order to increase IT business value and simplicity
- Serves as an advocate for business stakeholders into IT and helps evangelize the role of network engineering technology back to the business
- Provides well-considered counsel to leadership and other business service leaders on the strategic two to three-year technology roadmap for all software defined technologies
- Presents innovate forward thinking concepts and technology to improve business processes
- Participates in IT strategic planning and budget planning efforts
- Contributes to our positive, team-oriented culture by developing and maintaining cooperative relationships, facilitating the resolution of conflicts, and accepting and providing constructive feedback
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 5 years of experience in a highly technical professional environment
- 3 years of experience in delivering Software Defined Infrastructure, leveraging automation, orchestration, and scripting technologies
- 5 years of experience with various Operating Systems, such as Windows, Linux, UNIX or Cisco IOS
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years full-stack development experience
- 3 years of python server development using Flask or other python frameworks
- Understanding of OOP and Data Structures and know when to apply them in daily coding scenarios
- Airline Industry experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Expertise working with and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including LDAP, OAuth/2, DUO, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- Mentor and teach other developers and peers
- Provide guidance on coding best practices
- Design and develop complex user interfaces use Python and Jinja2/JS/CSS/Bootstrap.
- Conducts user acceptance review sessions and collaborates with other team members to perform debugging.
- Familiar with the following:
- Message queues (RabbitMQ)
- Background task processing (Celery)
- Experience configuring container like systems (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Basic understanding of modern web components (HTML/CSS/JS/BootStrap)
- Understanding of caching strategies and implementation (Redis)
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as (Git)
- Working knowledge of serving high scale HTTP(S) protocol (Nginx)
- Expertise with WebSocket connections (socket.io)
- Knowledge of constructing PostgreSQL and SQL query strings and fine-tuning them for performance (mysql)
- Experience with high throughput infrastructures
- Experience building and performance testing high-scale solution
- Able to analyze requirements and data access needs and propose file and screen designs. Progress to development through Quality Assurance, Staging and Production, and conduct unit and integration test.
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more