HarperCollins Christian Publishing is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and highly values diverse backgrounds and insights that fuel our innovation.
- Troubleshoot, refactor, and perform routine maintenance on existing websites.
- Follow secure development practices.
- Work with inside and outside stakeholders to implement new websites.
- Implement architecture and infrastructure that optimize for flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance, and availability.
- Utilize design and UX best practices to optimize front-end usability.
- Coordinate activities with systems staff to ensure capacity, package support, and other requirements are met.
- Document changes, stage and release code for review and production.
- Write and perform unit and other tests to insure quality of code.
- Create innovative and creative solutions to complex challenges.
- Maintain clean code repository.
- Good knowledge of software engineering life cycle process, including design, development, build/release, testing, Git source control, ticketing (Jira), and QA.
- Good knowledge of Internet Application architectures and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.).
- Good knowledge of WordPress.
- Knowledge of Laravel, WordPress, and Drupal a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda) a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in related field.
- Experience with PHP 7 and especially WordPress.
- Experience developing in LAMP environment (especially Red Hat and derivatives).
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with high-performance and scalability best practices.
- Knowledge of current and legacy desktop and mobile browsers and how to develop cross-platform solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.