Senior Developer HANA DBaaS
As the market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and from all industry sectors to run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to collaborate more efficiently and to more effectively leverage business insight to stay ahead of the competition.
As part of the strategy to be the most innovative cloud company powered by SAP HANA, SAP supports customers with their digital transformation by delivering market-leading applications and providing an open cloud platform, which also addresses the demands of the rapidly growing database and data management market.
ABOUT SAP HANA
SAP HANA is SAP’s ground-breaking in-memory database platform. It provides a powerful foundation for existing SAP products as well as for new applications on device, in the cloud and on premise.
SAP HANA’s cutting-edge technology for main memory, multi-core processing, and data management enables real-time analysis in combination with online transactional processing of business data.We want to establish SAP HANA as a first-class cloud citizen. In this context providing SAP HANA as a fully managed Service (DBaaS) is an important step.
ABOUT SAP HANA DBaaS
SAP HANA DBaaS will be a fully managed Cloud Service which will be available on multiple IaaS Platforms and cement the foundation for future innovations in the Cloud space.
The focus of your daily work will be to contribute to key areas, such as:
• Cloud Orchestration infrastructure & engine.
• IaaS abstraction and integration.
• Network design and architecture.
• Storage architecture.
• Advanced analytics and AI.
• Automation & Toolchain optimization.
• Developer Services
Your responsibilities will span ideation, design, implementation and operations excellence.
At SAP HANA Cloud Services in Silicon Valley, you will be a part of the Global SAP HANA Development Organization, and will have the opportunity to work with like-minded colleagues around the world.
Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model and apply the DevOps principles and mindset.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Strong analytical skills, ability to structure complex problems, and to do conceptual work
• Experience in cloud computing services, cloud infrastructure and cloud storage
• Advanced programming skills in Golang, Java or C/C++ and scripting languages such as Python
• Intimate knowledge of Linux based systems
• Experience with container based virtualization technologies
• Profound knowledge of continuous integration and delivery methodology
• Familiarity with DevOps principles and mindset in a cloud environment
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Strong team player
• University degree (BA, Masters) in computer science or related areas with excellent grades
• Deep understanding of distributed Systems and related technologies
• Background in secure systems design and cloud security
• Experience with databases such as SAP HANA
• Experience with automation tools such as Kubernetes or Apache Mesos
Ideally you have experience in implementing robust and performance-optimized services in a cloud environment