Job Description and Responsibilities:
Wynn Resorts is a Fortune 500 company led by hospitality industry visionary Steve Wynn. Currently operating in the top two casino gaming markets in the world, Wynn is financially stable and growth oriented. Our 12,000 employees at our Wynn Las Vegas and Encore properties have helped us win more Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Awards than any other independent hotel company in the world.
Wynn resorts are known for their innovative design, luxury offerings, and exceptional guest service. Joining Wynn means working for a leader in the global resort industry, one that has set today’s standards and will likely define them tomorrow.
Wynn Las Vegas understands the unique benefits of custom application development to gain business value by uniting capabilities from existing vendor-delivered systems with internally-architected advanced solutions. The Sr. Data Warehouse Developer is a key member of the Wynn Las Vegas IT Development Team and is critical to implementing Web projects for Wynn Las Vegas.
• Provides Business Intelligence thought-leadership and guidance the organization around leveraging its information assets to improve analytics, decision-making and overall business performance.
• Leads the development, specification and communication of the Data Management and Business Intelligence architecture plan and the infrastructure components required to support it.
• Provides leadership and management to projects undertaken by the Data Management/Business Intelligence area.
• Provides expertise and architectural leadership in the areas of Data Governance, Master Data Management, Analytics, Data Warehousing, Scorecards, Dashboards, Business Performance Monitoring and Data Mining Is responsible for managing the team that develops and carries out internal IT projects for assigned business units.
• Guides and trains team members on the new technological and architectural trends in the BI area.
• Consults and supports IT management in the development of tactical Data Management and Business Intelligence plans.
• Recommends appropriate initiatives, enhancements and development opportunities that can be utilized to meet business area objectives and drive business growth
• Evaluates new technological developments and evolving business requirements including Predictive analytics, data driven discovery (hidden patterns) and what-if analysis and provides for transformation of disparate data into business insights and actionable information. Advises on systems scalability and rapid deployment of solutions
• Directs and manages the work of consultants and vendors Understands how to leverage applications for competitive advantage
• Will be responsible for system design, implementation, and administration of all components that make up the Teradata Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence infrastructure, applications and related tools
• Demonstrate knowledge of data warehouse implementation process, from business requirements through logical modeling, physical database design, data sourcing and data transformation, data loading, SQL, end-user tools, database and SQL performance tuning
• Lead large-scale data warehousing projects, and is responsible for the overall technical solution meeting the Business Intelligence needs of the business customers
• Contribute to the career growth and mentorship of other members of the Data Warehouse team.
• Establish standards and procedures team reporting and documentation.
• Prepare project reports for management, clients or others.
• Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
• Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
• Develop quality assurance test plans.
• Direct quality assurance testing.
• Ensure easy access to information that is useful to users.
• Keep close, direct contact with key end-user representatives to ensure technologies are providing valuable information-sharing capabilities to customers.
• Work closely with end users, business technologists and others to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs, and then develop system requirements and design specifications; direct efforts to refine conceptual systems design requirements into the technical design.
• Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
• Lead the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs.
• Excellent consultative, communication and management skills, strong analytical ability and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
• Strong planning and organizational skills; Knowledge of project management, finance, and accounting processes, process dependencies and linkages across Enterprise
• Strong oral, written and presentation communications skills.
• Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies. and deployment management
• Strong Experience with Data Modeling, Warehousing, Relational Database
• Experience with other BI Tools with Business Objects, ECM, Archival experience a plus.
• Strong experience with Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Data Mining, and Data Warehousing/Mart.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline with an information technology focus.
• Four to six years of progressive broad-based information Data Warehouse development experience; highly desirable four or more years working with Teradata, Informatica, Oracle and MS SQL.
• A valid Nevada Gaming License is required and must be obtained before entering this position.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.