Come change the world with us by unleashing your skills and crafting the next generation of technology. Put your expertise to work as part of one of the world's largest non-profit services providers and own the way as a trendsetter in Microservices. Are you an experienced Microservices developer who enjoys looking for new ways to solve problems, meet challenges and improve software capability and functionality?
If so, we want you to join our team and contribute your expertise to design and build global applications to meet evolving requirements and improve our internal and client-facing environments. Bring your passion for elegant coding and customized design to our company where you will be working in a supportive and fast-paced team, while enjoying numerous opportunities to increase your professional knowledge.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion's ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Provides senior-level application software design and development services and technical leadership for existing architecture or new deployments. Gathers requirements and develops specifications to design and integrate into applications. Adheres to approved standards and develops new standards in software development.
- Leads the development of complex program logic for new, multi-faceted applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications. Considers and/or provides multiple options or solutions to satisfy organizational needs.
- Codes, tests, including writing test plans, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications. Develops complex functionality enhancements through code customization and application configuration.
- Leads and develops strategies around existing technology products to ensure these products produce expected results and benefit to customers. Ensures that improvements are successfully implemented and impacts across the value stream and application are considered.
- Provides complex technical leadership throughout the lifecycle of customer-specific technology based products. Works with multiple Cloud or Purchased applications.
- Serves on cross-functional project teams as a subject matter expert on data processes, data governance, and application systems.
- Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the applications development discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
- Ten years Professional experience working in applications development or similar field.
Preferred Work Experience
- Agile software development practices and frameworks (e.g. Scrum, XP, SAFe, LESS)
- Ten years professional experience working in applications development or similar field.
- Fully comprehend Microservices, and have utilized tools and providers such as Golang, Docker, AWS, and Azure.
- Experience in mentoring individuals as well as the capability to lead Compassion into the future with Microservices.