The Cloud Garage is a new and innovative approach to driving customer application development success on IBM Cloud platform at an accelerated pace. The Cloud Garage is a very different environment that is typically located at startup communities. It is an open work environment with latest Mac pairing stations, unconventional spaces, lots of techie & networking events, snacks and a great coffee shop in the building.
We are bringing clients into the Garage to rapidly develop applications using IBM Design Thinking to get the product definition correct and adopting agile practices for developing the apps and scaling into production. Our clients choose the IBM Cloud platform as they are looking for innovation and agility in how apps are defined, designed, and developed.
We are assembling an ‘A’team of developers, architects, designers and project managers. Pairing is at the core of the way we are doing development and the way we are aiding clients to drive successful outcomes.
Garage developers will do pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration and deployment using modern tools.
We need a Senior Developer who will: Provide leadership and mentoring to a dynamic and diverse development team
- Be an advocate for the Cloud Garage Method and provide guidance on the application of the method in client projects
- Practice pair programming and test driven development
- Provide effort and technical scoping for customer proposals
- Be a technical leader in the delivery of development projects
- Provide technical guidance in design thinking workshops
- Be a leader in helping shape the development discipline for the WW Cloud Garage team
The primary teams that you will work with are Garage Developers, Designers, Architects & Project Managers, Customer Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts and Garage Practice Leaders.
The IBM Cloud Garage is looking for talent that has a passion to innovate and is willing to take on challenges that are outside of their comfort zone.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience practicing Agile Development Methodologies
- At least 5 years experience working in an Enterprise environment
- Demonstrated track record delivering successful projects
- At least 4 years experience with Java and Node.js
- Demonstrated operations skills
- At least 3 years experience developing in a Cloud Environment
- Demonstrated organizational & Culture Building Skills
- Demonstrated Written and Verbal Communications skills
- At least 5 years experience in client facing consultancy role(s).
- Demonstrated mentoring and Coaching skills
- English language skill level: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- At least 3 yearexperience with one Python, Go, IBM Functions, Ruby, ASP.NET or Swift
- At least 2 years experience Developing in a PaaS Environment such as Bluemix or Cloud Foundry
- At least 1 yearexperience with Extreme Programming and TDD
- At least 2 years experience with Docker
- At least 1 years experience with Kubemetes
- Demonstrated consultant skills