The Senior Developer BI Business Solutions is responsible for executing the strategy of the team that builds and optimizes data visualization products that turn complex data into actionable insights. These products allow Company leadership to understand key information and easily interpret data-driven stories and enhance decision making. The Senior Developer supports the BI Business Solutions team in building MGM’s self-service reporting environment and divisional integrated products with clearly defined roadmaps and project plans. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Executes the self-service reporting strategy and vision across the Enterprise Analytics organization. Includes clearly defined roadmaps and project plans to develop holistic products that meet organizational needs.
- Collaborates with the team in implementing dashboards and drill-through reporting, developing and analyzing consolidated data stories of the MGM organization.
- Responds to the MGM Corporate Leadership team’s business analysis.
- Manages, mentors and trains junior team members on consolidation of property and functional area data to create a holistic MGM view.
- Creates presentable Data Stories that will be shared with Company leaders.
- Defines data hierarchies to create drill-through reporting.
- Rapidly develops prototypes and drives short release cycles for products.
- Works with internal team to align cross-property and Corporate analytics initiatives with business strategy.
- Drives the demand management process through reviewing, prioritizing, and reporting on Corporate requests, and working with Enterprise Analytics functional area teams to ensure key requirements and deliverables are developed per an agreed timeline.
- Supports new insight demands with currently in-progress projects.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Networks externally to seek innovation.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Visualization, BI Business Solutions, Business Management, Finance, or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in relevant subject area expertise (e.g., industry or function).
- Technical functional knowledge of BI strategy and tools.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence Reporting and visualization software (Microsoft Power BI, Cognos, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- MBA or MS degree.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting or hospitality industry.