We are seeking a highly experienced inpidual who can work collaboratively and cross functionally with HQ Heads of Development, Sr. Product Line Management, Sr. Product teams to generate new ways of thinking about performance Basketball based footwear that result in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace.
- You will demonstrate and incorporate a knowledge of development, sourcing, costing, manufacturing and the competititive marketplace to develop concrete insights which foster the creation of more advanced seasonal product concepts through the use of the latest new technologies and construction processes.
- Projects will be developed over a longer calendar timeframe, but it will greatly require an ability to accelerate timelines to address urgent marketplace needs for the Basketall Business Unit.
- Fully immersed in design reviews and internal product teardown meetings to insert manufacturing guidance into projects and make recommendations that take advantage of the latest and most efficient/margin enhancing manufacturing processes for both short term and long range project planning.
- Work closely with existing and potential Puma athletes and ambassadors to hear, assess and execute their preferences in technical needs related to fit and performance as well as overall aesthetics. This interface with athletes may require travel on short notice at times.
- Develop technical performance products from initial creation through ready for commercialization stage while meeting product brief, quality, cost/margin, testing requirements and confirmation on time.
- Liase and meet with current and potential brand athletes or embassadors to assess their specific needs related to technical and aesthetic elements.
- Contribute to and evovle category best pratices in constructions, market/competitor knowledge base and technical product requirements.
- Attend all seasonal product reviews including briefing, design review, prototype review, product teardowns and key brand meetings within a season.
- Identify, develop and scale breakthrough technologies that help to create game-changing product for consumers.
- Travel to Asia to manage the footwear development process with our factory partners.
- A minimum of 10+ years relevant experience in footwear development/commercialization and production.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Product Design, and/or related field experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of development in basketball or other performance category.
- Experience in international product development and manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with external collaborators and/or brand ambassadors, preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office: Outlock, Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to travelinternationally approximately 25-50% of the time.
Job Posting # R1469