Responsible for the day-to-day technical support for end user hardware and software needs, with a focus on Apple devices. The position requires the individual to act independently through the use of skills, experiences, and training to resolve client issues. Duties include hardware and software installation and deployment of PCs and peripherals, with a focus on Apple devices, OS and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets-up and provides maintenance to Apple devices, including Macs, iPhones and iPads, and related hardware/software.
- Configures iTunes for successful profile and library synchronization, including playlists and content.
- Helps maintain hardware/software inventories.
- Processes software installation requests.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals, including mobile devices.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades and replaces hardware and software systems for desktop and peripheral equipment.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Reviews and evaluates information technology systems operations.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related course of study or equivalent, relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with Apple hardware and software in an IT Technical support role.
- ACMT and/or ACiT Certifications.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels, including executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Apple device hardware and OS knowledge.
- ACMT and/or ACiT certification.
- JAMF administration and use for centralized management of Macs.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Proven ability to support virtual desktops and applications is a plus (Citrix).
- A basic understanding of Windows TCP/IP networking.
- Active Directory User/Computer Account Administration.
- Mobile Device support knowledge (Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.).