Senior Desktop Support Analyst ( Windows & Mac )
8 - 10 years experience •
CSRA is seeking a Desktop Support Technician / Level 4 tech for our program supporting the National Cancer Institute (NCI). This role is a senior technical support technician who provides technical support to staff and customers on a broad range of desktop technologies and software systems by testing software and hardware products and maintaining SOPs/documentation. You should bring strong skills in both Mac and Windows OS. You will also troubleshoot desktop PC problems, and respond to and follow-up on internal and external customer support problems.
Strong communication and documentation skills are key as this role involves heavy face to face customer support. You will be mobile and away from your desk supporting customers in person about 80% of the time. Position is for full time employment with CSRA and will be based at the NCI Shady Grove campus in Rockville, MD (metro accessible).
This is a senior level technical desktop support position, that requires in-depth knowledge of PC and Mac hardware and software support and have an understanding of LAN administration, a Desktop Tier 4 technician will be able to Identify, evaluate and correct hardware, software, desktop operations problems, and peripheral equipment. You also provide support to customers, team members, IT Service Desk staff, and other stakeholders of a complex enterprise IT system.
- Responds and follows-up on internal and external customer support problems.
- Possesses a deep understanding of the system and its interactions with external systems and involvement with enterprise business processes including logical and physical access.
- Provides training and guidance to junior staff.
- Performs troubleshooting and works with various groups to resolve issues.
- Creates system change request and defect artifacts in the change management system.
- Maintains system documentation and assists with integrated system testing.
- Applies problem analysis and solving skills critical in identifying, resolving or escalating issues.
- Uses an IT ticket system, is responsible for receiving and tracking the trouble tickets, assigns them to a technical specialist (could be themselves or someone else) for action and ensures that their tickets are resolved, and closed out with the customer and in the system.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines as needed.
- Associate’s Degree and 7+ years of technical support experience in current desktop and laptop computers, various operating systems to include or more of the following (equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Understanding of Mac OS X Applications, tools and Windows Solutions on OSX
- Demonstrate experience with LAN, WAN, VPN, VMware, Windows Server, Citrix, Exchange and Active Directory – independently evaluating and resolving computer, system, and user problems including compatibility conflicts, application operations, hardware malfunctions, and Mac upgrades problems
- Experience supporting the National Institutes of Health
- Desired Certifications (preferred 1-2+ or more):
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
- Certified Casper Technician (CCT)
- Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA)
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+ - Cisco CCNA
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Must possess strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively relate to customer needs.
CSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.