Senior Desktop Analyst
Primary Purpose of Position:
Oversee, monitor, maintain and support the computing needs of all desktop and laptop users across the entire enterprise including installation, upgrade and problem resolution. Provision, deploy and support applications on desktops and laptops.
End User Support
- Design and manage the end user experience through the creation of automated application installation packages, following industry best practice and internal packaging standards.
- Oversee, install and support the use of peripherals and desktop software. Support the use of internal and external web-based applications including required configurations.
- Analyze, assess and respond to requests for assistance for entire enterprise in person or via remote support tools. Escalate problems and requests as appropriate.
- Install new laptops, desktops, thin clients, printers, smart phones and black berry devices and other peripherals. Design, develop, document and enforce hardware policies and standards.
- Support the use of operating systems and software applications including, but not limited to, Windows, Microsoft Office, VMware, Citrix, and Adobe applications. Maintain and enforce software policies and standards.
- Support and deploy Verizon issued smart phones (Blackberry, iPhone, Droid)
- Interact with the Application Development and Network Services teams to resolve issues with network-based services.
- Setup and maintain user accounts in Active Directory. Support the use of Windows Group Policies and Active Directory Organization Units (OUs). Maintain and enforce security policies and directory standards.
- Diagnose hardware problems. Perform and/or coordinate the repair of hardware.
- Maintain the inventory of hardware and software.
- Manage and maintain standard desktop images and installations.
- Support 20+ Corporate and Boston region property offices by conducting one-on-one instruction on the use of hardware and software.
- Support the use of audio-visual equipment in conference rooms.
- Manage printer maintenance and toner service.
- Utilize Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to develop and enforce desired configuration of end-user computing environment.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with policies and control requirements.
- Conduct research on new technologies or products.
- Recommend purchases based on an assessment of user requirements.
- Conduct one-on-one instruction.
- Special projects as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational certification required.
- A minimum of 5 years desktop supportexperience in a Microsoft environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7 & XP, the suite of Microsoft Office products, and Cisco VoIP technology.
- Possess working knowledge of remote control support applications, such as Microsoft System Management System (SMS) and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), VMware View Admin, Citrix Shadow, Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), and PCoIP. Understand basic networking concepts and the operation of switches, routers and hubs.
- Solid understanding of Windows Installer technology and application packaging experience using industry recognized application pack.
- Proven ability to provide telephone-based and in-person support for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Proven ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to demonstrate multi-task management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to and proficiency in customer service culture. Exhibits and champions excellence in work habits and a willingness to embrace change.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, independently, and as part of a team is essential.
- Be detail-oriented and methodical in solving problems and managing multiple projects.
- Possess an aptitude toward learning technical concepts. Be results-oriented and a quick learner in supporting new products and technologies.
- Be able to travel and to work flexible schedules outside normal business hours when required.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as answering the phone and operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a photocopier and a fax machine.
- Involves work of a general nature related to computer repair.
- Involves movement between departments and sometimes office building floors to facilitate work.
- Involves lifting of computers & monitors up to 50 pounds.