You will lead projects and/or brands to ensure the quality of work is consistent and high quality and that project objectives, plans, and timelines are met (in partnership with the Site Manager).
You are responsible for delivering creative/adaptive concepts from conceptualization through final deliverable and are a master of your craft, working independently or collaboratively within a team and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. A strong conceptual designer, you execute ideas with a high level of skill across a broad range of styles. A passionate problem solver, you excel in all things design: branding, packaging, off-pack and beyond. You understand strategic and specific client needs – ensuring their design solutions deliver on client objectives.
In the face of demanding deadlines, multiple, rapidly changing priorities, you will support and exhibit behaviors consistent with Marks values and beliefs in a fiscally responsible manner. Marks Adaptive philosophy: Design integrity, Technical accuracy, and Speed to market
The Senior Designer works as part of a team.
They will champion the client’s brand and ensure work is within brand guidelines, while maintaining continuity between formats, line extensions, languages, and client information.
The role will advocate our culture, brand and community.
1. Visual and strategic problem-solving that is among the top tier in the industry
2. Questioning every idea to ensure that you understand it strategically and creatively
3. Interpreting client briefs into successful and effective concepts
4. Empathizing with consumers and understanding consumer motivations, behaviors, trade-offs
5. Conducting competitive audits and building case studies
6. Participating in brainstorms, and helping to establish creative territories for concept development
7. Executing creative concepts that exceed client expectations
8. Picking up hero creative or existing layouts, and adapting across a wide array of products and structures and ensuring to maintain the hero creative intent
9. Developing storyboards and presentation decks for complex and/or high-profile client presentations, and ensuring creative work is presented for maximum clarity and impact
10. Presenting your work with the confidence
11. Thriving in the demands of pressing deadlines and confidently managing multiple priorities
12. Liaising with clients
13. Playing an active role in supporting both your immediate colleagues and those across the Onsite Team, and mentoring team members
14. Taking personal responsibility and guardianship for your projects – ensuring accurate, consistent, and timely completion of high quality work
15. Providing support to Creative and Adaptive teams alike
16. Preparing for and art directing photo shoots
17. Being an active participant in agency life, Nestlé USA’s culture and getting involved with internal initiatives
Education and Experience:
- 6-10+ years of experience as a graphic designer in a packaging studio or creative firm
- College or University diploma in graphic, packaging, or communication design is required
- Proficient using PC platform, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (Expert knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Keynote)
- A valid passport and ability to travel – to work in conjunction with our sister studios, clients, and photoshoots
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Great design chops and a killer portfolio!
- A determination to flex your craft across large and small projects
- Experience in branding and packaging design (Consumer Packaged Goods)
- Experience across otherchannels and disciplines is an asset
- Adaptability across a broad range of categories and styles
- Experience in food and drink is an asset
- Experience art directing photo shoots
- Creative and innovative thinking
- The ability to execute concepts at a level that is among the top tier in the industry
- An understanding of print processes and finishes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- The ability to work in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment and demonstrate resiliency
- A collaborative approach to working within the team