Senior Designer/ Head of Design (Prism)
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Handle Financial, a growth-stage, venture-backed financial services tech company headquartered in Silicon Valley, is seeking a Senior Designer to join our Prism Money team. As Prism’s first full-time dedicated design hire, we’re looking for someone who is both an individual contributor, and excited to build a team over the coming years. This candidate will be the design and brand evangelist within the team, and will have the goal of infusing design thinking into our culture. In this role, you’ll be helping to tell the story about our 5-star app that helps people take control of their financial lives by changing the way we organize and pay our bills. We’ve helped our users manage and pay over $1 billion in bills and we’re now poised for breakout growth.
Prism is a diverse, and tight-knit team based in Redmond, WA. We were founded as a start-up by a team of ex-Microsoft engineers and we’re passionate about personal finance. We’re fostering a fun and dynamic environment, including free snacks and drinks in our kitchen, and free lunches twice a week. We’re looking for an individual that has an incredibly strong work ethic, who is passionate about changing the world, and someone who’s looking to grow with our team.
- Work with the VP of Product and Head of Growth (marketing) across all facets of the product user-experience and marketing.
- Refresh and expand the Prism brand, including the development of a brand style-guide
- Assist with refreshing and maintaining visual identity across external assets including website, app stores, and advertising
- Support the development and execution of creative assets for paid digital advertising including Facebook, Google, Instagram, etc.
- Participate deeply in enhancements and optimization of the mobile UI/UX in our Android and iOS apps
- Develop deep user empathy and understanding of user experience
- Assist with launching new products and features
- Brand development and advocacy
- Ability to develop digital advertising
- Understanding of modern design trends in UX and digital advertising
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to dive into a product and develop strong product intuitions
- Deep user empathy and understanding of a user’s mindset
- Ability to plan and execute projects with multiple components that touch many stakeholders
- 4 years of design experience
- You have a BA degree in Interaction Design, Information Design, Visual Design, HCI or related field